Thursday, October 20, 2011

Easy Mini Quiche- Recipe

I love a yummy quiche. Ive been making a crustless quiche out of a cake pan for a few months and love it but thought why not make mini ones. Today we made mini quiches using a mini muffin pan. They are very easy to make and they could be froze for quick healthy breakfasts everyday.

What you need-
Mini muffin pan
6 eggs
Low fat milk
Your favorite cheese (I used Cracker Barrel extra sharp cheddar)
Broccoli (or your favorite veggie)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scramble eggs with milk. If your using frozen broccoli like I do, steam it in microwave for a few minutes. Put small pieces of cooled broccoli in each muffin hole. Add a small piece of cheese. Pour egg mixture over broccoli and cheese to about 3/4 full. Bake for 6-8 mins.

To freeze, take out quiches to cool, place on cookie sheet and put in freezer uncovered for about 1 hour. Then pull out and wrap in freezer bags or saran wrap and/or foil.

Serving of 4 mini quiches= 1 egg

Let me know what you like in your quiche in the comments. Love trying new things with my family.


2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to try these. Maybe Harper and I will make them for breakfast in the morning and freeze some for quick snacks. We like feta and spinach in our quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some very tasty breakfast burrito's with an egg casserole and then cut it into "egg logs" and wrapped it in a tortilla, wrapped in parchment paper, and then saran wrap before freezing. Now I just grab remove the saran wrap, reheat in the parchment paper and go! I bet the muffin tin versions would make great little breakfast sandwiches! YUM!

    ReplyDelete